<$BlogRSDUrl$>

meow:

This is a song from under the floorboards... (Magazine)
This space is a repository for my net radio station news and the like. Sometimes, when reposting older news and playlists, I'll include my recent comments in bold italics. I keep the following station description at the top, since I kept changing it all the time.

meow: glitterbox:

Freeform eclectronica: new and old. (Hehe, I'm so clever.) Music that falls through the cracks: electro, Italo disco, synth, post-punk, funk, old NYC favourites, obscure 70s/80s, idm, Detroit and other techno techno, acid, microhouse, bedroom bleeps, mash-ups and loads more.

NOT the same old "dance" or "electronic" selections. And when I play 8ties stuff, it's not the same old tunes everyone was already sick of by 1985. It IS quirky, new, and different, often obscure, always interesting and fun. I play whatever it is I'm feeling, from music for dancing to certifiable chillage and points inbetween. It's a great station for home, work or wherever. Playlists are carefully selected and sound quality is way better than it should be at this bitrate.

Latest station news appears, and is archived here.


Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Got Kitster working again. yay! And there's a whole new page of tunes. 3 are jungle/drum 'n' bass including oldskoolish and atmospheric. And three are more moggie ambient. Includes "A4" which has been people's favourite as well as the hour-long "Mogdroaw" which will probably not be up for long as it takes up too much space ...if you're interested in getting that one, download it now. The third is "Alien Organ" which was recorded at the same time.

Go here:

http://kitster.moonfruit.com/

You can download them, broadcast them all you want, if you're interested. Here's what I have to say on the website about these tunes:

Awhile back I got this bright idea to do a bunch of musical projects in different styles under different names. The idea came from Orbital, who'd mentioned wanting to do the same thing. So I'm putting a lot of this stuff up on this site, which doesn't really look a lot like Napster (which looks more like iTunes, actually). The mp3s here are all relatively low-bit (32kbps) but they're been tweeked heavily, so they sound great. Lemme know if you'd like higher-res copies and I can hook you up.

Miyuki Cat... I like drum & bass, jungle, etc... and am old enough to remember when it was new. I haven't really followed a lot of the newer releases recently, but I still collect old skool or anything made before '96, maybe '97. I like playing with drum & bass, making my own. I find it pretty involving, maybe I get too obssesssively into it, but I enjoy it a lot. Tunes here go from atmospheric to glitchy to old skool jungle and ersatz hardcore. Actually, I like glitching out on beats a lot. These are made without a computer, although I can't say I won't be using one in the future, for now it's all hardware. Yamaha RS7000 as the main box -- some tunes are nothing but, although I'll sample other things. QY70 as a portable composing tool that often finds its way into the final mix... if it's good enough for Freezepop.... Synthesizers used are the Yamaha DX200 and AN200, Korg MS2000 (like in MOG, used a lot), Korg DW8000 (my melancholy baby) and Roland MC-202. More tunes to come.

MOG, or MOG & GOG is kinda minimal, abstract, whatever. These tunes were made with a PC, a Korg MS2000 & ES-1, plus a Yamaha RS7000. The MS2000 is used the most and it's one of my favourite synths. RS7000 isn't used very much, most of the sequencing is PC. They're recorded live onto minidisc (I know its lower-fi, but tis way cool) and later edited... right now they're edited pretty lightely.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?