<$BlogRSDUrl$>

meow:

This is a song from under the floorboards... (Magazine)
This space is a repository for my net radio station news and the like. Sometimes, when reposting older news and playlists, I'll include my recent comments in bold italics. I keep the following station description at the top, since I kept changing it all the time.

meow: glitterbox:

Freeform eclectronica: new and old. (Hehe, I'm so clever.) Music that falls through the cracks: electro, Italo disco, synth, post-punk, funk, old NYC favourites, obscure 70s/80s, idm, Detroit and other techno techno, acid, microhouse, bedroom bleeps, mash-ups and loads more.

NOT the same old "dance" or "electronic" selections. And when I play 8ties stuff, it's not the same old tunes everyone was already sick of by 1985. It IS quirky, new, and different, often obscure, always interesting and fun. I play whatever it is I'm feeling, from music for dancing to certifiable chillage and points inbetween. It's a great station for home, work or wherever. Playlists are carefully selected and sound quality is way better than it should be at this bitrate.

Latest station news appears, and is archived here.


Tuesday, March 30, 2004

NP: Glenn Branca: Lesson #1 for Electric Guitar
Current Mood: LiveJournal is a big pile of doody.

New tunes in the glitterbox this week and next and all-new playlists. My main playlist is now something like 30 hours. Gee... that's long! Additions include a good bit of old school electro (I mean the real isht) and booty as well as some 21st century trueskool. Good stuff.

I've been caught up in other things but will do those electro and nonsucktechnoandhouse mixes soon. I know I've been promising them for like forever.

Top 3 last week on the glitterbox:

1. The Human League - Don't You Want Me (Extended edit)
I probably forgot to mention how freakin' long this one is. And it works very well. I actually have 2 versions of this one, one of them old. I wanted to put a more standard mix of this in rotation, but all I got is this, plus the Dare ep, which is in pretty bad condition.

2. My Robot Friend - Why Won't You Call Me Back? (Matmos remix)
Masters (or something) of nervous robot pop get the electroid treatment by Matmos. Newish favourite. I really like this one. An older track "The Fake" (Zombie Nation remix) was pretty popular on my station last year and probably still is.

3. I-f - Secret Desire - I-f ep (Viewlexx)
I've been playing this one for awhile... ep is very recommended for electro fans. I like "Us and Ours and You and Yours" best, and pretty much everything on here. It does include a short version of "Space Invaders" although I liked the original Interdimensional Transmissions 12" better for that one -- and maybe people are all sick of that tune anyway. (I'm not, since I don't play it too often. And it remains one of the most popular tunes on my station.)

Most popular mix show: BOGBOX06 2.26.04 - Best of Glitterbox 2k3 6
Still

Gutter Glamour - Rockist Favourites:

1. Banana Fish Zero - Party Wrecker
Most popular track from "New York City Rock 'n' Roll".

2. ESG - Moody
Un-remixed version, produced by Martin Hannett. I play the "Spaced Out" version a lot, too and more by them as well.

3. A Certain Ratio - Kether Hot Kneves
Way long and changes up in mood and bpm. Ends very funky. Title is probably a misprint -- it's "knives" -- but it looks kinda cool.

Cuz I play post-punk selections during the week as well, the GG charts are kinda skewed towards these.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?