<$BlogRSDUrl$>

meow:

This is a song from under the floorboards... (Magazine)
This space is a repository for my net radio station news and the like. Sometimes, when reposting older news and playlists, I'll include my recent comments in bold italics. I keep the following station description at the top, since I kept changing it all the time.

meow: glitterbox:

Freeform eclectronica: new and old. (Hehe, I'm so clever.) Music that falls through the cracks: electro, Italo disco, synth, post-punk, funk, old NYC favourites, obscure 70s/80s, idm, Detroit and other techno techno, acid, microhouse, bedroom bleeps, mash-ups and loads more.

NOT the same old "dance" or "electronic" selections. And when I play 8ties stuff, it's not the same old tunes everyone was already sick of by 1985. It IS quirky, new, and different, often obscure, always interesting and fun. I play whatever it is I'm feeling, from music for dancing to certifiable chillage and points inbetween. It's a great station for home, work or wherever. Playlists are carefully selected and sound quality is way better than it should be at this bitrate.

Latest station news appears, and is archived here.


Sunday, April 25, 2004

I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing...

I don't normally do mix shows on Sunday nites, but it is a pretty good nite for them, isn't it? Hmmm.

Anyway new mashed-up-mucked-up mix o'stuff tonite... taking things in a slightly different direction, like a choose-your-own-adventure book. Think 'ardcore, eventually anyway, happy hardcore, jungle and erm, even more hardcore. I like hardcore! Um, and ok... a teensy bit of trance... but it will work, I promise. May be cheesy but, like Mr. Kite, a good time will be had by all.

Also, my regular glitterbox playlist is now 35 hours' worth of tunes! Going for 40. I've also become a nerd, if I wasn't already, and am adding a heavy rotation list... currently featuring tunes from these artists:

Adult.
Buffalo Daughter
Color Filter+
Covenant++
Cyclob
Dave Clarke
Delia Gonzales & Gavin Russom
Dinosaur L
Dominatrix
Dynamix II
Ellen Allien
Goudron
Herbie Hancock+++
Kitty Glitch++++
Konk
Kraftwerk
Liquid Liquid
Loose Joints
Lowfish
Luomo
Magnet
Mantronix
Matthew Dear
Moev
Panoptica
Putsch '79
Queen of Japan
Sendex
Soft Cell
Sparks+++++
Takako Minekawa
Talking Heads
Tamion 12 Inch
The Police++++++
Time Zone

+ So I've added a tiny bit from all things twee and Moog-ish with these last two. (and others.) I like it.
++ Ellen Allien remix... quality tuneage!
+++ Pretty easy to guess what I like by him.
++++ Me, actually, I got sick of "Kitty Glitch" since it sounds silly and I hadn't really been doing any glitchschtuff... which is kinda funny, as I am taking it up now.
+++++ With these last two, some real synth camp... And I'm not playing the most obvious tunes by either, thankyouverymuch.
++++++ You can guess which one, and its kind of played out, but I like it very very much and it fits. Also a huge Paradise Garage hit. Not like I was there.


Also ten people love kitty now! Well, the named my station their favourite... maybe it don't seem like a lot of peeps, but I'm very much honored and grateful.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?