<$BlogRSDUrl$>

meow:

This is a song from under the floorboards... (Magazine)
This space is a repository for my net radio station news and the like. Sometimes, when reposting older news and playlists, I'll include my recent comments in bold italics. I keep the following station description at the top, since I kept changing it all the time.

meow: glitterbox:

Freeform eclectronica: new and old. (Hehe, I'm so clever.) Music that falls through the cracks: electro, Italo disco, synth, post-punk, funk, old NYC favourites, obscure 70s/80s, idm, Detroit and other techno techno, acid, microhouse, bedroom bleeps, mash-ups and loads more.

NOT the same old "dance" or "electronic" selections. And when I play 8ties stuff, it's not the same old tunes everyone was already sick of by 1985. It IS quirky, new, and different, often obscure, always interesting and fun. I play whatever it is I'm feeling, from music for dancing to certifiable chillage and points inbetween. It's a great station for home, work or wherever. Playlists are carefully selected and sound quality is way better than it should be at this bitrate.

Latest station news appears, and is archived here.


Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Playlists! Finally!!

This is probably the most slackingest I've ever been... and coming from me that's saying a lot!

Most recent playlists (BIGMUFF) are not on here. I used the "BIGMUFF" name for some earlier mixes but changed those back to BOGBOX for consistency's sake. If you're keeping score. BIGMUFF (mash-up mix shows from last week) will be replayed on Random Noise tonight. After that, I'll post the playlists.


BOGBOX03 2.04.04 Best of Glitterbox 2k3 3

Princess is a DJ: Can I Get a? (Princess Superstar vs Black Sabbath)
Inhumanz: Shoot the Warpigs (Nas vs Black Sabbath) /
Magic Stroke (Lil Kim & 50 Cent vs Billy Squire / 50 Inch Nails (50 Cent vs Nine Inch Nails)
Radioslave vs 50 Cent & Adonis: No Way Back (in Da Club)
50 Cent: In Da Club (NY Party Punk Trash rmx)
Beige: The Great Krautrock Swindle
Laptop: Ratso Rizzo (Album Version)
Electric 6: Improper Dancing
Lil Kim: The Jump Off (Radioslave rmx)
The White Stripes: 7 Nation Army (Radioslave rmx) / (Rip it Off Acid Mix) / (Slide vs The White Stripes rmx) /
White Stripped (FK1000 The Hardest Button to Button rmx)


BOGBOX04 2.12.04 Best of Glitterbox 2k3 4

A.R.E. Weapons: Streetgang (A Touch of Class Remix)
Duran Duran: Planet Earth
A Touch of Class: Streetdub
I-f: Us and Ours and You and Yours
The Ones: Flawless (Italo Disco Mix)
Reinhardt Voight: How We Rock (Modernist rmx)
Lil Louis: French Kiss
Prince vs Sinergy: When Doves Cry (RMX)
Inhumanz: Gossip Folks / White Horse (Missy Elliott vs Laidback)
Kitty Glitter: Gossip Folks / Warm Leatherette (Missy Elliott vs The Normal)+
Crash (Joey Beltram: "Energy Flash" vs The Normal "Warm Leatherette")
Joey Beltram: Energy Flash / Flash Cube
Human Resource: Dominator (Original)
Dominatrix: The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight (Black Strobe 2003 rmx) / Original 12" mix
...with little bit of beats looping and DJ tomfoolery at the end++

+Tiny bit of not-quite-there mash-up I did of these two songs. Did it orginally for "Mucked-Up Fix 2". Its loads of fun but I find it impossible to mix properly. Or at all really. Kinda hate it since the Inhumanz "White Horse" mashup is so obviously better. I am so not worthy.
++I actually did mix this a tiny bit with that Human Resource track, one of those classics from the early hardcore days. Not the Beltram remix, though. I like that one better. I've since done a full mashup of the tracks...yay! Have also done it with "Gossip Folks" although dangit, I'm not not happy with that one.

This was actually a really fun show to do. Kinda miss doing with with turntables, although my digital mixing is improving a little. A popular show too this one is.


BOGBOX05 2.19.04 Best of Glitterbox 2k3 5

Girls on Top: Being Scrubbed (TLC vs The Human League)
The Human League: Being Boiled
Inhumanz: Forget me Frontin' (Pharrel vs Patrice Rushen)+
Malcolm McLaren: Madam Butterfly
Lacquer: X
It & My Computer: Wannabe
Paul Johnson featuring Jessica: Erotic City
Prince: Irresistable B1tch
The Soft Pink Truth: Make Up / Gender Studies
Adult.: Shake Your Head / Blank Eyed Noise Bleed / Paranoid Vision / Don't You Stop
Fancy: Chinese Eyes
The Human League: Don't You Want Me (Extended Edit)
Felix: Don't You Want Me++

+This (mashed-and-un-) was probably my favourite song of 2003. Not sure why, but I loved it. Dint you?
++Have since mashed these up proper. (Or not.)


BOGBOX06 2.26.04 Best of Glitterbox 2k3 6

Hollertronix: Missy Elliott vs The Clash: Gossip Folks / Rock the Casbah (Extended)+
Lumidee vs Michael Jackson: Never Leave Billie Jean
Girls on Top: I Wanna Dance with Numbers (Whitney Houston vs Kraftwerk)++
The Soft Pink Truth: Satie (Grey Corduroy Suit) (Herbert's Walk Free Mix)
The Bloods: Button Up
LCD Soundsystem: Losing My Edge
The Juan McLean: Give Me Every Little Thing
Liquid Liquid: Optimo / Cavern (DJ Phantom rmx)
Bootyshaker: Grandmaster Felix -- Bitter Sweet Seduction
(Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five vs Felix Da Housecat)
Time Zone: World Destruction
Gang of Four: To Hell with Poverty+++
A Certain Ratio: Kether Hot Kneves
Melle Mel: The Mega-Melle Mix (DJ Sanny X megamix)++++
The Tom Tom Club: Genius of Love

+Yet another of my most favourite mash-ups, equal with the Inhumanz' "White Horse" version, and def better'n mine.
++Old one, but, like "Being Scrubbed", I still like it very much and don't tire of it. An irresistable combination as well.
+++...we'll get drunk on cheap wine!
++++One of my most favourite records and a great find, fulla Melle & Flash favourites. (No "White Lines".) And that is "Genius of Love" at the end.

This last one is probably my most favourite. Was popular with listeners too. I dig the mix of stuff I hit on with "Mucked-up Fix" last year, particularly the second one... and that should be the general direction of most of my mixshows... bit of mash-ups, post-punk, funk, electro, Paradise Garage type stuff, new stuff with dance and chill directions taken as prescribed.

This batch may be re-recorded for posterity since I finally got a digital out for my pooter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?