meow:This is a song from under the floorboards... (Magazine)
This space is a repository for my net radio station news and the like. Sometimes, when reposting older news and playlists, I'll include my recent comments in bold italics. I keep the following station description at the top, since I kept changing it all the time.
meow: glitterbox:Freeform eclectronica: new and old. (Hehe, I'm so clever.) Music that falls through the cracks: electro, Italo disco, synth, post-punk, funk, old NYC favourites, obscure 70s/80s, idm, Detroit and other techno techno, acid, microhouse, bedroom bleeps, mash-ups and loads more.
NOT the same old "dance" or "electronic" selections. And when I play 8ties stuff, it's not the same old tunes everyone was already sick of by 1985. It IS quirky, new, and different, often obscure, always interesting and fun. I play whatever it is I'm feeling, from music for dancing to certifiable chillage and points inbetween. It's a great station for home, work or wherever. Playlists are carefully selected and sound quality is way better than it should be at this bitrate.
Latest station news appears, and is archived here.
Wednesday, May 26, 2004
1. Saddam raped and murdered you. We'll just strip, torture and humilate you. And take your picture for the whole world to see. Pretty good deal, huh?
2. America: At least our elections are free and not rigged. Unless your last name happens to be Bush.
3. Shocked and Awed Yet?
4. Iraqis: If Y'all Don't Stop Misbehaving Right Now, We'll Put the Baathists Back in Charge.
5. And We've Been Taking a Baath on Iraq for Decades. Give Us Our $20 a Barrell Oil Already.
6. America: Germany and Japan Did Just Fine by Us, No?
7. Ahmad Chalabi -- We're Wise to You.
8. Iraq: Providing a Theatre for Two Generations of Bushes to Royally Screw Up In.
9. Mission Accomplished! (But We're Keeping Our Fingers Crossed.)
10. The Powell Doctrine: F* that S*, Motherf*er.
and, I guess I couldn't stop @ 10:
11. OK, So You Guys Had Nothing to Do With 9/11... We Still Beat Your Ass.
12. George W. Bush: Not a War Hero, but He Played One on TV
notice that I have avoided the easy ones, like "ruining GWB's chances of a second term -- Priceless."
13. Osama bin Laden: What, We Gotta Stop You, Too? Our President Can't Even Eat Pretzels Without F*ing Up.*
*Replace "eating pretzels" with "riding a Segway while holding a tennis racket" or with "riding a freakin' bicycle" or with the Bush fuck-up-du-jour... pardon my French. And all Gerald Ford ever did was bump his head, and he got crucified for that. Bring back the 70's!
14. Our God Can Beat Up Your God.
yeah, that's somewhat controversial. But GWB (who "talks to his father upstairs" instead of his father in Kennebunkport) as well as certain lowlights of the Religious Right, brought God into this. Allah is more or less the same God as Yahweh/Jehovah, regardless what certain fanatics might have you think. And these just keep coming... one more...
15. America: At Least We Know Where Our WMDs Are, Biyatch.